Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Life drawing SUU March 2009

Last fall I decided that if I was going to get any art work done at all that I probably would need to be motivated. I cannot seem to do it on my own so I signed up for a life drawing class at Southern Utah University. The class was twice a week in the afternoons from 3 to 6 pm with a lab from 7-10pm on one night. I spent a lot of moolah on diesel fuel driving up and back 3 times a week...that's around 350 miles per week at $3 a gallon, my truck gets about 15 miles per gallon...you mathematicians calculate that for me. Anyhow, overall it was a productive and worthwhile experience.
I was very impressed with the quality of work form the students who really do not have the opportunity to draw from the figure much. The instructor ran a great class, was always there on time and the model was on time and ready to work.











6 comments:

Seagull Dream said...

noice.

The Daltons said...

You have still got it! IMPRESSIVE

Melon said...

That's about $700 for 10 weeks. Divide that by 4 drawings is $175 apiece. I'll take the first one, framed for $175. How big is it?

Lincoln said...

Nate, Nate, Nate, You also have to add in the $900 tuition, the hours spent during the semester, 16 weeks x 9 hrs in class and 6 outside of class that's 16 weeks x 15 hrs per week=240 hours. The average hr rates nowdays are about $95 per hour or 240 x $95=$3360 +$900+$700+$1000 for pain and suffering=$6000 or so....I'm 54 so I should be at the top of the salary scale....175,000 pper year divided by 150 drawings a year =$$11,155 PER DRAWING, thats a good place to begin negotiations. I'm worth more than Boozer.

Melon said...

Granted, you are worth more than Boozer, so what do you say to $195?

Myrle Dalton said...

I love the dialogue between you and Nate. I would love a drawing also. You are REALY GOOD! Even if I am your mother, I know good art when I see it. We are home, got home last night the 9th. How about a few art lessons (paid of course) This OLD lady needs a project! Love you MOM