Monday, April 27, 2009

28th Anniversary road trip

Lincoln and Cindy decide to make Monument Valley their anniverary destination. Why, you might ask, the heck if we know. Heading East from Page, Arizona on SR98 you pass Kaibito, Square Butte, and Porcupine Spring. Turn north at Begay Windmill towards Inscription House Ruin, this has been closed for the last 10 years because of vandalism we were told by a lady at the market/laundermat. 50 miles north of here is Navajo Mountain, Utah. The road has recently been paved to the Utah border. I've read that this is the most reemote school in Utah.Just north of Navajo Mountain. Behind Cindy Are the Canyons of Lake Powell, Escalante, and the San Juan River drainage.

Back on SR160 between Navajo National Monument and Kayenta I spotted these fabrics blowing in the wind in the barbed wire fence. A great image against the sandstone redges in the background. I drove for a while past the image decided I had to turn around and shoot it. I'm glad I did-one of the best shots on the trip


North from Kayenta, AZ on SR 163 at the Utah/Arizona border in Monument Valley. I'm not sure as to why or how long these flags have been blowing in the wind.



No comments: